RMLS™ reports that for closed sales: “It was still the strongest January for closed sales since at least 1992— edging even over the 1,843 closings posted for Portland in January 2005.” ~RMLS™ Market Action Letter for January, 2016 Reporting Period
Here are the numbers, hot off the press from RMLS™:
- New Listings. At 2,519, they increased 63.8% over the 1,538 new listings in December 2015, although 8.8% under the 2,762 new listings in January
- Pending Sales. At 2,243, they were 2% under the 2,294 offers that were accepted in January 2015 but 15.9% over the 1,936 accepted offers in December 2015.
- Closed Sales. At 1,859, they were 9% higher than in January 2015 (1,477) but 31.4% lower than December 2015 (2,710).
- Inventory (In Months). Increased in January from 1.2 months to 8 months. Total market time for January was 57 days, compared to 82 days for January 2015.
- Active Residential Listings. There are currently 3,305 active
- Average Sale For the twelve months ending January 31, 2016, the average priced home was $355,700; this was an increase of 6.7% for the same twelve month period ending January 31, 2015 ($333,400).
- Median Sale Prices. For the twelve months ending January 31, 2016, the media priced home was $310,000; this was an increase of 8.1% for the same twelve month period ending January 31, 2015 ($286,800).
 According to RMLS™, “Inventory in Months is calculated by dividing the Active Residential Listings at the end of the month in question by the number of closed sales for that month. This includes proposed and under construction homes.”